If you’re like me, and go back and forth from light to dark mode in MacOS Mojave, you know it’s a pain to go into System Preferences > General and switch it in there. Wouldn’t it be great if you could do it by a shortcut from the Dock?
Here’s how by using Automator and one simple command.
- Open Automator from the Applications Folder.
- When asked for the file type, select Application.
- Save the file to the Desktop for now.
- From the Search field, search for “Change System Appearance“
- Drag that to the right side.
- There will be one option that says “Change Appearance: Toggle Light/Dark”.
- Save the file to the Desktop again.
- Exit Automator.
- Now drag the newly Automator action to the Dock.
- Clicking on the action will automagically change the desktop environment from light to dark, or visa versa.
- That’s it!