Follow Us on Apple News

An 11-year-old boy had a narrow escape after his charging Samsung tablet overheated and burnt a hole in his bed while he slept a few inches away from the device. The incident took place in Staffordshire, England, on Thursday morning.

Callum Hewkin woke up to find his room filled with smoke. He woke up his parents, Amy and Stewart Hewkin, who rushed to the room and noticed the tablet stuck to the bed. The device was minutes away from catching fire and had already burnt a hole in the bed. Firefighters arrived at the scene and told them the incident could have been fatal for the entire family.

“I went into Callum’s room and there was a big burn mark right by where his head had been, and the room was full of white smoke. We have no idea how he didn’t wake up but it goes to show how serious it could have been. I was gobsmacked, I never thought it would happen to us or that something like that even could happen – you don’t expect an iPad or tablet to just start burning like that,” [Stewart] said.

Via: International Business Times

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.