We iOS developers must be able to test our apps on a real-world device. But we have to use a USB wire to connect the device to the development machine to install and test the app. OR DO WE?
This little known trick will get rid of that annoying step so you can install Xcode apps wirelessly.
- Connect an iOS device to your Mac.
- Open Xcode and open a project you’re currently working on and is ready for testing on a real-world device.
- Select Window > Device and Simulators.
- Look for an option that says “Connect via Network“.
- Put a check mark next to that option.
- After a few minutes, you can unplug the device from the computer and install the current app wirelessly.
- That’s it.
Note: Make sure that the developer’s machine and the iOS device are on the same network before attempting to do an install.