Now that iOS 5.1.2 is out, some users want to know how to set up and use the new ECG Feature on the device.
- Update to the newest version of WatchOS.
- Press the Digital Crown until you see all the available apps on the watch.
- You’ll see a new icon that looks like an ECG readout. (White icon with red lines).
- Go into it.
- You’ll see a welcome message describing what the app does, and to open the Health app on the iPhone.
- When opening the iPhone app, a message will pop-up describing the new ECG feature.
- Within the set up process, it’ll ask for your birthdate. Enter that in (press see the note Note below).
- Then it’ll tell you what an ECG is and show you some possible readings from the app.
- After some more informational screens, it’s time to take your first ECG.
- Go into the app on the watch, a heart animation will come up.
- Hold your finger on the Digital Crown for 30 seconds (watch the countdown on the screen).
- After that, it’ll show you your results. The results will be sent to the iPhone’s Health app.
- That’s it.
Note: The ECG feature will not work for persons under the age of 22.