Sometime Monday, Amazon announced the first Echo device made to go into a car.
According to the information:
- Connects to Alexa using your phone, is ready in seconds, and plays through your car speakers. Includes Echo Auto Dash Mount.
- With eight microphones and far-field technology, Echo Auto can hear you over music, A/C, and road noise.
- Use your voice to play music, check the news, open the garage door, find the nearest gas station, and more.
- Play Audible books, stream podcasts, or listen to Amazon Music, Apple Music (coming soon), Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, or NPR.
- Make calls, set reminders, add items to your shopping and to-do lists, or manage your calendar.
- With over 50,000 skills and counting, Alexa is always getting smarter. Skills are like apps and let you do more with Alexa.
- Set location-based routines—automated actions Alexa can start when you leave the office or get home.
- Ask for directions and Alexa connects to supported apps like Google Maps, Apple Maps, or Waze on your phone.
Pre-orders are by invitation only.
Click here for more information.