Today Amazon opened up and gave us a look at how their NFL Thursday Night Football deal paid off. Here are a few highlights from the data Amazon sent Cord Cutters News.
p class=”c2″>During the 2017 NFL regular season, Amazon Prime Video live streamed 11 games – including 10 Thursday Night Football matchups and a special Christmas Day game – thought the Prime Video app.
According to Amazon, 18.4 million viewers tuned into the games from 224 countries and territories. Amazon said the average per minute audience was 17% higher than when it was on Twitter.
On average each viewer watched 63 minutes of the game. In total Amazon streamed 12.5 million hours of NFL games in 2017.
The biggest game was the December 7th game between Atlanta Falcons at New Orlean Saints and drew in two million viewers worldwide.
California streamed NFL on Amazon more than any other state followed by Texas, New York, Florida, and Washington.
Outside of the US the NFL was most popular in Mexico followed by Germany, South Korea, Brazil, the United Kingdom, and Japan.
A few interesting notes about Prime members who watched the NFL on Prime Video:
- NFL viewers like to cook (and tailgate) – Prime members who watched the NFL on Prime Video are 41 percent more likely to buy a Crock-Pot on Amazon than non-NFL viewers.
- Prime members in Mississippi, Wyoming and Alabama who watched the NFL on Prime Video shopped the most on Amazon for general sports merchandise; whereas Prime members in New Mexico, South Dakota and Rhode Island shopped the most on Amazon specifically for NFL merchandise.
o During the season, the best-selling NFL items on Amazon by category were:
- Footwear: Dallas Cowboys Men’s Team Logo Moccasin Slippers
- Hardgoods: Dallas Cowboys Metallic Travel Tumbler, Stainless Steel and Black Vinyl, 16-Ounce
- Headwear: New England Patriots New Era 2017 On-Field Sport Knit Beanie Hat
- Baby: Philadelphia Eagles Boys Bodysuit Bib & Cap Set, 3-6 Months, Green
- Jerseys: Franklin Sports New England Patriots Deluxe Youth Uniform Set, Medium
- Accessories: Green Bay Packers Marque Printed Fleece Throw
- Outwear: Dallas Cowboys Champion Tech Fleece Hoodie, X-Large, Heather Grey
- Pants: Oakland Raiders Men’s Active Basic Fleece Sweatpants, Large, Black
- Shirts: Pittsburgh Steelers Men’s Long Sleeve Crew Neck Fleece Tee, X-Large, Black
- Sweaters: Philadelphia Eagles Busy Block Ugly Sweater Extra Large
Did you want the NFL on Amazon? Leave us a comment and let us know what you thought.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.