The holidays are here, and that means you may have gifts arriving soon. To avoid giving away any surprises, you can now choose whether Alexa reads product names when you ask “Alexa, where’s my stuff?” or when Alexa reads your Amazon delivery notifications.
If you don’t want to hear product names, you can turn them off in the Alexa App.
- Go to the menu and select Settings.
- Scroll to the Accounts section and select Notifications.
- Select Shopping Notifications.
- Turn product names on or off for Notifications and “Where’s My Stuff?”
- Swipe right on the settings toggle to turn on product names. Swipe left to turn off product names.
- That’s it.
Source: Amazon.com customer e-mail.