Mac’s security is great, but sometimes it can become a pain re-typing a password each time you want to login.
Fortunately, Apple has added a way to unlock any newer Mac with an Apple Watch. To use it, you have to turn on two-factor Authentication on both the iPhone and Mac.
Here’s how to set it up:
- Go to System Preference > iCloud > Account Details.
- If prompted, enter your iCloud Password.
- Click the Security Tab.
- Click on Set Up Two Factor Authentication.
- Click on Security & Privacy.
- The last option should say Unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch.
- Put a Check Mark next to that option.
- Go to Settings > iCloud.
- Select your Apple ID.
- Select Password & Security.
- Go to the bottom of the screen, and put a check mark next to Allow your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac.
From then on, your Apple Watch will buzz to let you know you’re in range to unlock the Mac. When you’re in front of it, the Mac will auto login.