(USAToday.com): Want to know what mail you’re supposed to get any day of the week?
The United States Postal Service has devised a way to make it happen.
Informed Delivery now is available to eligible residential consumers in select ZIP codes.
“This process went nationwide on April 14,” said Elizabeth Najduch, communication programs specialist for Detroit.
The service allows customers to receive an e-mail containing grayscale images of the outside of their household’s letter-sized mail pieces that will be arriving that day. Notifications also can be viewed on the dashboard at informeddelivery.usps.com.
Cities in the program: Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Northern Virginia and District of Columbia.
How to sign up
Signing up for Informed Delivery is dependent on living at an eligible residential address and the ability to verify your identity. You also will need to create a personal usps.com account if you do not already have one.
1. Go to informeddelivery.usps.com.
2. Click on “View My Mail.”
3. Sign in if you already have a personal usps.com account. If not, create an account.
4. Go to My Preferences once signed in. Under Account Management, you will see a box for Informed Delivery. Click “Manage Your Mail.”
If you don’t see Informed Delivery in My Preferences, it is likely that the service isn’t available at your address. Check if the Informed Delivery has reached your area by using the ZIP code lookup tool.
• Opt in to Informed Delivery by selecting the check box, and confirm your address.
• Complete the identity verification process if you have not already done so.
• Click the blue “Informed Delivery” button to continue to your dashboard.